Code of Conduct
REMEMBER THE GOLDEN RULE
Harvest Hosts members appreciate and understand that the invitation
to visit overnight is a special opportunity and will reciprocate by
behaving respectfully. Please remember that these are farms,
not campgrounds and respect the work and privacy of those who are
hosting you. We ask that all members show their appreciation
of the Host's hospitality by making a purchase.
respect for your Hosts:
- Always call ahead to arrange for your visit.
Try to give the Host 24 hour notice when possible. If your plans change,
please notify your Host.
- When calling, tell the Host what size
vehicle you are driving and ask which entrance you should use.
Ask if there are any conditions you should know about and be
aware that you may have to unhook your tow-behind.
- Arrive only during business hours and be aware
that some sites may have gates that will be closed after hours.
- On arrival at the site, introduce yourself
and show the Host your
membership card and vehicle badge. Hosts will only allow current members of Harvest Hosts to park overnight
on their property.
- Show your appreciation to your Hosts by visiting their markets
and tasting rooms; please make a purchase as a thank you for
your overnight stay.
- To avoid inconveniencing the work of your Host, park
only in the areas indicated by them. Parking areas may not
always be 100% level.
- All vehicles must be self-contained with
fresh, gray and black water holding tanks. Before arriving, ensure that your batteries are
charged, your fresh water tank is full and all waste tanks are empty.
Do not empty your gray water on your Host's property.
- Never light fires or use charcoal and ask before using BBQs.
- Inform your Host if you have slide-outs so
that you can be parked in an appropriate location.
- Please do not use jacks without jack-pads on asphalt, the
weight of the rig can cause damage.
- Remember these sites are working
vineyards or farms. Please use care and supervise small children
and pets at all times.
Farm dogs may be present. If a pet is
accompanying you, please check with your Host before taking
them out. Pets may be allowed only in parking areas and must
be leashed. Please pick up after your pets.
- Please ask before using your generator.
- Be aware that local regulations may prohibit off-premises alcohol
allowed outside of your RV.
- Please be considerate and keep a low profile. Remember that these sites are not campgrounds
and that we do not want to disturb our Hosts' neighbors.
- Please do not stay longer than 24 hours.
- Please take all trash with you.
- When departing, thank your Host for your
- Common sense and courtesy are important and
will help the Harvest Hosts program to grow and flourish.
- Please accept any
restrictions that may be imposed as Hosts do not wish to give
the impression of being a campground.
- Failure to comply with the Code of Conduct
damages the Harvest Hosts program for everyone and may be grounds
for termination of membership.
- Members agree to take responsibility for
their own actions and any resulting consequences.